China tourism emerges with a very high speed over the last few decades. China is having third places in the list of top visited countries in the world. China is always known for the Great Wall of China. There are so many other tourist spots also but the Great Wall of China is the Top one. It is also listed as one of the Wonder of the world. China is also known for its vast market. China is always rated as top in the technology. Chinese cell phones, laptops, music players are everywhere famous across the globe.
China’s most visited tourist spots are Forbidden City in Beijing, Shanghai Bund at Shanghai, Terracotta Warriors in Shaanxi, Temple of Heaven at Beijing and Li River Guangxi Zhuang and last but not the least is The Great Wall of China. These are the spots of the China from where the most of the revenue came from the tourist.
In 2010 the number of overseas tourists was around 55.98 million and domestic tourist was around 1.61 billion. The income generated was about 777.1 billion yuan. And it was predicted by the WTO that in the year 2020 China will become the top most country in the tourism among the all other countries. Communication is either in Chinese or English.
10 Interesting Facts about China
- You can hire a person to serve your sentence in China. So it is a very big advantage for rich peoples there.
- Chinese celebrate their New Year for 15 days.
- Every year is represented by the name of an animal (Among 12 animals). The year 2015 is named as year of Sheep (or Goat).
- China’s Bailong Elevator takes more than 300m visitors up a cliff’s edge.
- In Ancient China times Chinese soldiers wore sometimes Armour that is made up of paper.
- The Forbidden City is having more than 9,000 rooms.
- Monal birds in China sometimes build nests in caves.
- If we put together the China’s railways track then it could round around earth twice.
- The mortar that was used to fix The Great Wall’s stones was made with sticky rice.
- Hong Kong is having skyscrapers more than any other city in the world.
Top tourist destinations in China
- The Great Wall of China – The Great Wall of China is the listed in the list of top Wonders of the World. It was built to protect the China from all sides. The wall was built by the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang in between 220–206 BC. It is the main attraction of point for the tourists who visits China.
- Summer Palace, Beijing – The Summer Palace is also known as the Yiheyuan in Chinese. It is a big group of lakes, gardens and palaces.
- Longmen Grottoes – Longmen Grottoes or Longmen Caves are the biggest example of Chinese Buddhist art. Here you can find out thousands of statues of Buddha and his disciples.
- Mount Lu, Jiangxi – It is one of the most famous mountains in the China. These mountains are about 25 km long and 10 km wide in dimensions.
- Mount Tai (or Tai Shan), Shandong – This mountain is a historical and cultural significance in China. It is located in the north of the Tai’an, in Shandong province and the tallest peak is the Jade Emperor.
- The Bund, Shanghai – The Bund is a waterfront area in central Shanghai.
- The Hanging Temple, Mount Heng – The Hanging Temple/Hanging Monastery/Xuankong Temple is a temple built as overhang. It is around 75 m or 246 ft above the ground. It is very near to Mount Heng. The closest city to the Hanging Temple is Datong.
- Temple of Heaven, Beijing – The Temple of Heaven (Altar of Heaven) is a religious building in Beijing. It is also considered as a Daoist temple.
- Dazu Rock Carvings, Chongqing – It is a series of Chinese religious sculptures and carvings.
- Jiuzhaigou Valley, Sichuan – Jiuzhaigou is a nature Reserve and National Park. It is located in the north of Sichuan province.
- The Terracotta Army – The Terracotta Army is a group of Terracotta sculptures presenting the armies of Qin Shi Huang. He was the first Emperor of China.
- Mount Emei – Mount Emei is a mountain in Sichuan Province.
- Mount Tai – Mount Tai is a famous mountain in Tai’an. It reflects the historical and cultural significance of China.
- Sunset at Sanya Bay – Sanya Bay is the is a very famous bay in Sanya. It is in five major bays. It is having around 22 beaches. It is in Hainan Province.
- Changbai Mountains – It is a mountain range on the border of China and North Korea. They are also known as Šanggiyan, Jangbaek, or Ohnan mountains.
- Grand Canal of China – The Grand Canal of China is the world’s largest canal. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Silk Road – Silk Road is also known as Silk Route. In ancient times it was used to carry goods from China to the West of the regions.
- Huangshan, Anhui – These are also known as Yellow Mountain. It is a range of around 70 mountains having very sharp edge peaks. These are found in the eastern China’s Anhui province.
- Mount Jiuhua, Anhui – It is located in Qingyang County in Anhui province. It is out of one of the four holy mountains of Chinese Buddhism.
- Mount Tianzhu, Anhui – This mountain is in Anhui, China. This mountain is also known as Mount Wan.
- Forbidden City, Beijing
- Leshan Giant Buddha, Sichuan
- Mount Emei, Sichuan
- Mount Qingcheng, Sichuan
- Three Gorges, Chongqing and Hubei
- Xiamen, Fujian
- Mogao Caves, Dunhuang
- Guangzhou, Guangdong
- Caohai Lake, Guizhou
- Yabuli Ski Resort, Heilongjiang
- Yungang Grottoes, near Datong
- West Lake, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
City wise top tourist destinations in China
- Hong Kong
Best hotels to stay in China
- Regalia Resort and Spa Nanjing
- Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort
- The Westin Shanghai
- Four Seasons Shenzhen
- Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou
- InterContinental Beijing Financial Street
- The St Regis Sanya Saylong Bay Resort
- Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
- Le Royal Meridien Shanghai
- Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
- Golden Flower Hotel Xian
- Pan Pacific Suzhou
- Aman at Summer Palace Beijing
- Kempinski Hotel Suzhou
- Grand Hotel Beijing
- The St Regis Chengdu
Top Museums in China
- The Palace Museum
- National Museum of China
- Shandong Museum
- Military Museum of the Chinese People’s Revolution
- China Science and Technology Museum
- Beijing Museum of Natural History
- Shanghai Museum
- Henan Museum
- China Aviation Museum
- Geological Museum of China