The land of diversity, scenic natural beauty, great heritage, and cultural abundance, India is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world. The country has got some of the mystic and wonderful landscapes that attracts people from every nook and corner of the world. While covering the entire country is not possible owing to its amazing diversity, the tourist circuits of the country are an amazing opportunity to lose yourself in the vastness of the country. The Golden Triangle Circuit is one such popular circuit that introduces you to the amazing heritage of the land along with an opportunity to experience the best of the landscape.
One of the most popular tourist circuits in North India, Golden Triangle is a perfect start to your India holiday trip. The tourist circuit takes you across the country capital Delhi, the famous city of Agra – home to the Taj Mahal, and the Pink City of India – Jaipur. As part of the Golden triangle tour, you will cover some of the most magnificent architectural sites and a total of eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, and Qutab Complex at Delhi, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri at Agra, and Jantar Mantar and Amber Fort at Jaipur.
Why The Name Golden Triangle?
The tour actually got its name from the shape, i.e., an almost equilateral triangle created while visiting the three destinations of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Starting from Delhi, crossing the city of Agra, and finally reaching Jaipur, the tourist circuit takes you across the three of the most amazing destinations in India.
So, if you too are planning to explore this famous tourist circuit of India, here’s a sneak-peak into the three destinations and top things to do in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur during your tour. Let’s get started:
Delhi -the Capital City Of India
The capital city of India, Delhi is the largest metropolis of India. The city has seen it all from the walled city during the Mughal era to the capital city during the British raj. The city retains the historical charm and at the same time features modern marvels, busy streets, and huge shopping malls. Divided into two parts, basically New Delhi and Old Delhi, the city is a perfect kick start to your India trip.
Things To Do In Delhi
- Check out the Rashtrapati Bhawan and Parliament House – the remarkable epitomes of power
- Soak in the cultural charm of the chaotic streets of Old Delhi
- Pay respects to the India Soldiers who laid down their lives during World War I at the India Gate – the “Arc-de-Triomphe” of India
- Discover the heritage site heritage sites like Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb etc.
- Pay a visit to the Qutb Minar Complex – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Gorge on some scrumptious food varieties
Agra – The City Of The Taj Mahal
Home to the world-renowned and UNESCO listed Taj Mahal – the city of Agra served as the capital of the Mughal empire in India for over 100 years. As a result, the city is rich with architectural beauty, with increasingly grand monuments built over the years by successive emperors
Things To Do In Agra
- Gaze in wonder at the Taj Mahal – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Roam around the massive corridors of the Agra Fort
- Delight yourself with some famous ‘Pethas of Agra’
- Appreciate the crimson interiors of the amazing Fatehpur Sikri
Jaipur – The Capital City Of The ‘land Of The Royals’
Popularly heralded as the ‘Pink City of India’ for its ubiquitous pink sandstone architecture, Jaipur is the capital city of the state of Rajasthan. The city boasts an immensely rich cultural heritage and a charm that bewitch you. Here you can visit the Rajput forts and plush royal palaces that will really take you back in time. Additionally, the local bazaars and famous markets offer fantastic shopping opportunities not to miss the block printed textiles, precious stones, and blue pottery. An integral part of most of the Rajasthan tours, the city is a magical destination that will simply sweep you off your feet.
Things To Do In Jaipur
- Explore the enchanting marvels of the Pink City – Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Albert Hall Museum, Jal Mahal etc.
- Ride to the top of the Amber Fort on a caparisoned elephant’s back
- Visit the Jantar Mantar – one of the world’s largest astronomical observatories
- Shop for some great souvenirs from the famous bazaars
- Enjoy an amazing food accompanied with cultural performances at Chokhi Dhani
- Watch a movie at the grand Raj Mandir cinema – a movie theater that beams like a Royal Palace
Apart from Jaipur, the state of Rajasthan is also home to some other incredible destination like Udaipur, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Jaisalmer, and others, each of which form an integral part of Rajasthan tour packages. And, if you wish to have more of the state, you can go for customized Golden Triangle tours and ask your travel agent to include more of Rajasthan for an incredible experience.
However, you can even find a great variety of Golden triangle tours clubbed with other famous Indian destinations including Kerala, Himachal, Amritsar, Ranthambore, Varanasi, and others to help travelers explore more of India during the visit, only if you can spare some time.
For more details on Golden Triangle tours or customized Golden Triangle Tour Packages, visit us here.