When it comes to fun and adventure, Mauritius is one of the best places to visit.
Mauritius boasts its natural beauty with its stunning panorama scenic views, lagoons, gorgeous beaches, and more. It’s considered as a “Paradise Island.” That’s why if you’re a tourist and is looking for adventurous activities like hiking, mountain climbing, zip lining, or snorkeling, this place is worth your time, money, and effort.
In this post, let’s explore the top Mauritius & Adventure activities, proving these two blends together. Let’s get started!
- Ebony Forest Discovery Tour
The Ebony Forest has a splendid view. You’ll be impressed with Mauritius’ native fauna like swiftlets, tropicbirds, and fruit bats that soar high above the ridgeline of the mountains.
Aside from endemic (Mauritius Paradise Flycatcher) birdwatching, here are some of the adventurous tourist activities you can try with Mauritius Discovery Tours:
- Stroll and hike along several forest trails (e.g., see the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Le Morne and Île aux Benitiers).
- Learn about the species with a 30-minute guided tour once you reach the Flycatcher Raised Walkway
- Explore the forest on your own (e.g., Safari jeep trip).
- Take a selfie at the Le Morne Brabant’s breathtaking view and the surrounding bays.
- Enjoy lunch at the Le Takamaka restaurant, offering local specialties (e.g., deer sausage or poisson salé pizza).
- Visit the Ebony Forest museum (e.g., know the island’s history like the unique plants and animals that inhabited Mauritius).
- Archery Activity at the Famous Domaine de L’Etoile
Aside from being a vacation relaxation and honeymoon spot, Mauritius offers more. It is a perfect place to combine nature with fun and adventurous activities.
You can try shooting arrows in Domaine de L’Etoile like what the natives practiced for hunting and battles in the old times. Here are the benefits of visiting this tourist spot:
- Enjoy the pleasant climate of the famous Island so you can spend quality time with your family and friends.
- It’s a great activity to de-stress and enhance your archery skills.
- If you’re a newbie to archery, you’ll be given 100% assistance from a professional with the modern equipment of Domaine.
- Get to learn and view the hundreds of animals (e.g., Java deer), plants, and trees varieties (e.g., vetivers, cinnamon trees, orchids).
- Enjoy horse riding, quad biking, hiking circuits, and taste local cuisines.
- Hiring a Rental Car and Driving Around
While renting a car in Mauritius is not a popular option, you can get the most of your adventure by doing so. Get to discover its deepest secrets by exploring it based on your own pace.
Here are some tips when driving around in Mauritius:
- Rent a car from a trusted and reputable local Mauritian company.
- Do not rely on GPS, ask for directions from the locals.
- Explore the hidden beaches and villages of Mauritius. Drive along the Southern coast to witness the best views (e.g., crashing waves, rugged panoramas, black rocks, and windy surfing beaches).
- Water Sports Activities
You can walk around with colorful fish and other sea creatures meters below the sea using a large visor for continuous oxygen supply with the Undersea Walk.
Mauritius has an extensive coastline that’s why the place offers different water sports and other water activities for tourists such as:
- Deep-sea fishing
- Deep-sea diving
- Scuba diving
Throw yourself out of a plane (about 10 000 feet) and feel the sheer thrill of this seriously heart-pumping extreme activity in Mauritius.
Imagine free falling at 200-kilometer per hour for solid 60 seconds before your parachute gently opens, bringing you back to earth while you’re on a tandem skydive — skydiving is incredible. Witness Mauritius in a 360-degree view that truly makes this extreme adventurous activity worth it.
Don’t worry because a qualified and trained instructor will harness you.
- Zip Lining
If you’re not ready for skydiving, you should try zip lining first. At Vallée des Couleurs, you can try it and enjoy the breathtaking and beautiful nature reserve.
Take the longest zip line located in the Indian Ocean, which is also the third longest in the world, measuring approximately 1.5 kilometers. Surely, you’ll get full adrenaline rush with this, as you marvel at the beautiful natural surrounds of the famous park.
Kitesurfing is a favorite extreme activity in Mauritius. It is a thrilling sport that combines windsurfing, surfing, paragliding, wakeboarding, and gymnastics. If you’re a sports enthusiast or you have a fitness training, this is worth a try. Get to kitesurf in a stunning lagoon all year around.
Mauritius offers more than you can imagine. Many tourists are so happy and satisfied with the place. It has the perfect combination of nature and adventurous activities. Whether you’re an athlete, a fitness enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply just a tourist who wants outdoor adventures, Mauritius is a must-see place.