Darul Uloom Deoband is an amazing sign of Islamic education in India. The Darul Uloom Deoband (Madrasah) was become so famous for Islamic studies within a very less time. Darul Uloom Deoband was built in the year of 1866, headed by Maulana Muhammad Qasim Nanotvi and the other well-known founding scholars were Maulana Rasheed Ahmed Gangohi and Haji Saiyyid ‘Abid Husaiyn. The day was Thursday (15th Muharram, A.H. 1283) and the location is Deoband in the district Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh) when the foundation stone for this Islamic education center was laid in the land of Deoband. Darul Uloom Deoband always opposes the idea of Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Muslim League for the Partition India into Muslim and non-Muslim sections. Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani (Shaiykhul-Hadees) was one of the scholars who opposed the idea of Pakistan. He was the Chief of Faculty at that time and led the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind. It was an organization of the ‘Ulama. And they always mentioned that there is nothing Islamic in the idea of Pakistan but only politics. Darul Uloom Deoband is the best islamic education center in Saharanpur, Darul Uloom Deoband is the best islamic education center in Uttar Pradesh, Darul Uloom Deoband is the best islamic education center in India.
Now, Darul Uloom Deoband is very well known as the biggest Islamic Study Center in the Asia. Students from not only parts of the India but also from Dubai, Indonesia, Malaysia, Jakarta, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Burma, Turkey, Istanbul comes here for their higher education in Islamic studies. Darul Uloom Deoband is very famous for Quran education and Sunnah, Islamic education, the Shari’ah and the Tariqah (the spiritual path).
The time when the Darul Uloom Deoband built in India was very difficult time for Muslims because the old Madaris were becoming extinct, so the idea of Darul Uloom Deoband emerges from there and it was decided that it will be going to be the biggest education point for Muslims not only in India but worldwide. Darul Uloom Deoband was build from the public contribution and the co-operation there was no funding from the government. It was the Muslim community contribution totally for the construction of the Darul Uloom Deoband.
In recent years the Darul Uloom Deoband gets more and more prosperity and become more and more famous for its education, resorting, discipline, centrality and strength of students not only in Asia but the world. According to Jam’a-e Azhar, Cairo it is the amazing place for students to get higher education in Islamic sector. He mentioned that there is no other institution available in the world which is having such a strength of students and having so much discipline and well-maintained education.
If we talk about the education in this Darul Uloom Deoband so the top notch Islamic education doctorates and scientists (Ulama) comes here to teach the students. The Book Library of the Darul Uloom Deoband is also going to be the Asia’s biggest book library. So from here we can estimate that how much the Muslim community is doing with their Islamic education system.
Courses offered at Darul Uloom Deoband
In Darul Uloom Deoband education is highly based on the modified version of the 17th-century Indo-Islamic syllabus identified as Dars-e-Nizami. The core education of the Quran and its exegesis, the Hadith and its explanation, Juristic rulings with textual and rational proofs, Biography of prophet Muhammad, Language and literature, Arabic grammar and Farsi (Persian). These are the core course that are offered at the Darul Uloom.
Construction & Architecture of Darul Uloom Deoband
If we talk about the architectural view of the Darul Uloom Deoband then it looks so historic and fresh. The building is constructed with the same Islamic design of perspective. The architects are very experienced and well as they kept in mind the future things like when there is going to be big Jalsas and seminars then it will be easy to conduct and maintain it. There are big and airy classes for the students to study there are big seminar halls, canteen, guest houses, car parking’s and gardens in Darul Uloom Deoband.
Alumni scholars of Darul Uloom Deoband
- Abdul Latif Khalid Cheema, head of Darul Uloom Khatme Nabuwwat (a Deobandi institution) Chichawatni
- Maulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri, Allamah and Hadith scholar and former Shaikhul Hadith of Darul Uloom Deoband
- Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi, Sufi sheikh, famous for his Quran exegesis and Bahishti Zewar
- Badrul Hasan Al Qasmi, Imam, Khatib and scholar of Islamic Jurisprudence at Kuwait
- Ghulam Murshid, former honorary Khateeb at Badshahi Mosque, Lahore
- Gulam Rabbani Qasmi, Co-founder of Darul Uloom SabeelusSalam, Hyderabad.
- Habib-ur-Rehman Ludhianvi
- Husain Ahmed Madani, former Shaikhul Hadith of Darul Uloom, Deoband. Also long-time leader of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind
- Mahmood Hasan Deobandi, Shaikhul Hind and the first student of Darul Uloom, Deoband
- Minnatullah Rahmani, former General Secretary of All India Muslim Personal Law Board and Chancellor of Jamiah Rahmaniyah, Munger, Bihar
- Muhammad Ilyas Kandhalawi, founder of the most widely popular international Islamic movement of Tablighi Jama’at
- Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat, former Chief Minister of Kelantan State, Malaysia
- Qari Muhammad Tayyab Hakimul Islam and former Chancellor of Darul Uloom, Deoband
- Qazi Mujahidul Islam Al Qasmi, founder of Islamic Fiqh Academy, India
- Shabbir Ahmad Usmani, Shaikhul Islam and former Member, Constituent Assembly of Pakistan
- Syed Abuzar Bukhari
- Maulana Syed Irshad Ahmad, Muballigh Darul Uloom Deband, Qati e bid’at
- Syed Ataullah Shah Bukhari, former president of All-India Majlis-e-Ahrar-e-Islam
- Syed Ata-ul-Mohsin Bukhari
- Syed Ata-ul-Muhaimin Bukhari
- Muhammad Mian Mansoor Ansari
- Maulana Ubaidullah Sindhi
- Mufti Kifayatullah Dehlawi
- Mukhtar Ali Khan Deobandi, notable Urdu scholar from Roorkee
- Mufti Ahmed Hussain Mujahid, Shaikhul Hadith from Darul Uloom Deband, Shaikhul Hadith of Qasimul Uloom Multan, Pakistan
- Maulana Asrarul Haque Qasmi, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha, Kishanganj), Founder All India Milli Talimi Foundation
- Maulana Badruddin Ajmal Qasmi, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha, Assam), Founder President All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF)
Book your hotels & flight tickets from here Get Tourism Info