The tourism of Africa is not completed without Morocco Tourism. Morocco provides plenty of tourist sites to visit, and although it is not famous for its casino locations, it’s still one to bet on for your next holiday. Morocco tourism is very well setup with new facilities for the tourism like hotels, restaurants and with some new tourist destinations. The complete tourism came under the Ministry of Tourism of Morocco that was created in the year 1985.
If we see the ancient statistics in the year of 1980s and 1990s, more than 1 million European visited Morocco. And most of the tourists came from Spain and France 1 lakh from Britain, Netherland and Germany.
After the Marrakech attack Algeria closed its border from the Morocco just for safety. The number of visitors was 70,000 in 1994 and 13,000 in 1995. This also leads to some fall in tourist’s number.
Mostly the tourists came in the month of April and the autumn and in June and August. Every year more than 10 million visitors came to Morocco. There is a huge investment in the tourism by the Moroccon Government. There are certain level that the Government had made like they have targeted that they will have more than 10 million visitors in the year 2010 and 2011. That’s why the tourism is increasing year by year.
A large number of tourism companies are there to attract visitors by their packages and low cost air tickets. Morocco is also having a very good shopping market where you can find cheap and affordable stuffs.
No one could miss to visit such place. Here you find out perfect beaches and natural beauty. Due to large number of tourist the economy is also growing very fast. Morocco is having multiple of languages, cultures and religions. And here the climate is dry, hot, cool and drizzly. You can visit Dar Taliba and Jardin Majorelle as these are the famous parks and gardens of the Morocco.
Top destinations of Morocco
- Imperial cities
- Dades Valley
- Djmaa El Fna
- Name: Morocco
- Capital: Rabat
- Area: 446,550km²
- Language: Arabic and Tamazigh
- Religion: Muslim 98.5%, Christian 1.3%, Jewish 0.2%
- Country code: +212
- Population:7 million (2013)
- Currency: Moroccan dirham
- Internet TLD: .ma
- Time Zone: UTC/UTC+1
- State Head: King Mohammed VI since 1999
- Government Head: Prime Minister Abdelilah Benkirane since 2011
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Top 3 tourist destinations
Top 10 hotels to stay in Morocco
- Hotel Dar Zitoune (Taroudant)
- Sahara Palace Marrakech (Marrakech)
- Palais Namaskar (Marrakech)
- Les Jardins de la Medina (Marrakech)
- Riad Alma (Marrakech)
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech (Marrakech)
- Amanjena (Marrakech)
- L’Heure Bleue Palais (Essaouira)
- Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche (Casablanca)
- Domaine de l’Arganeraie (Essaouira)